11 January, 2006

"The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C. S. Lewis

Just like everyone else in the world, I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I'm almost regretting reading this one though. I throughly enjoyed the movie before reading the book. Now that I've read the book, I don't like the movie quite as much. It bothers me that movies have to focus so much on action. If action is important to the story or you're making an action flick, then by all means make it action-packed. But this was not an action-packed book. I was surprised to find that the 30 minute battle of the movie comprised only two pages in the book. Are we really so mindless that the only way we can enjoy a movie is if computer animated monsters are killing each other? I certainly hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home